a question and answer forum.....for the time being. All things change and become something else if there is growth even Olde Baggs.

Friday, July 9, 2010

These are the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer.....

and if you remember that song then I'm not telling how "young" you really are. tee hee

The new puppy, the halfway mark of summer vacation, the pumpkins setting blossoms, the hummingbirds drinking more sugar water faster than I clean the feeders and refill.....yep it's July here in 'Burque. I love mid summer, the way it feels, tastes, smells, sounds.............but...does it always have to go by so quickly? The grands and I still have so many adventures to take, so many craft projects to do and so much piddle and poo to clean. Our Ms. Ellle is such a giver. Nothing like the Saint Bernard gifts but a giver none the less.

I must say that my favorite season (Indian Summer) is about 12 weeks from now but this time of year comes in a close second.

It is such a soft and gentle time....too hot to stay out and play all afternoon...naps under a fan....fresh lemonade on the porch...cold food dinners....sticky fingers from popsicles...rolling in the grass to get wet with dew....up early to get chores done and a big breakfast cuz we won't eat until supper...kids, cards and laughter....wet footprints on the cool tile floor play area.....slow down of time...and then reality sets in and all too soon we're off to school, lessons, the world.

Please summer stay slow for just a little while longer....please. This ole broad needs to savor these moments.

9 comments:

  1. Your summer sounds like it's going great. It would be nice if the days would slow down as it seems every year just whizzes on past us, at the blink of an eye. Thank you for your nice comments on my blog, I appreciate that. Lemonade, iced tea, rasberry tea, are all the things I make as well on hot summer day and evenings. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon we will be dreaming about summer. Enjoying the sunsets, stars, etc. Yes summer is a good season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how quickly this time has been flying by - every year it goes faster and faster. I've decided to enjoy EVERY aspect of the year, no matter how hot because this time is here but biefly and then we're another year older...hey, I've noticed with these extreme heat, even the mosquitoes aren't out as much as usual... I think it's even too hot for them ;-)

    Have a nice weekend and if you've not entered my July Giveaway, please do so :-)

    Love,
    Us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer has really just started here, finally hot, and I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summers aren't so great here in the city. I for one and waiting for the beginning of autumn. But I do remember summers in the country and doing exactly as you do. Sigh!!! Maybe one day I will get back thee again.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda,
    I LOVE your discription of summer. How wonderful! sticky popsicle fingers!! love it!
    I'll be drawing a winner on my giveaway this weekend.. so keep your fingers crossed.
    have a great weekend
    hugs
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for reminding us of the "cool" aspects of summer. Too often we let the heat win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Linda, thankyou for coming to visit and leaving a message for Lewis.
    I love your cute pup, what a big dog she will be!
    I enjoyed my visit and I'll be back again very soon. Best wishes from England.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summers back in Ohio weren't always so enjoyable with the heat and humidity. This summer in the northwest, we're enjoying ourselves immensely, both because of the new places we're seeing but also the relatively balmy temperatures. But you do have a marvelous list of ways to keep cool that I will try to remember for those times that we run into really hot weather. Although I don't know if I'll be able to get Denny to roll in the dew with me.....

    word vert: bizes. I was walking Patches tonight but had to come in because of all the mosquito bizes I was receiving. I think Skippy opted out today. Heh.

    ReplyDelete

You are always welcome to comment on my thoughts and I love them all......