a question and answer forum.....for the time being. All things change and become something else if there is growth even Olde Baggs.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Anniversary Ms. Ellie Mae Scootles formerly of the Cibola County Scootles and now a member of Casa de Cuckoo

A year ago today we, the grands, Shelley and I got a call from a friend who is a big animal rescue person. She told us that she had come home from a family reunion in New York to find "the cutest little dog" wandering in her diesel truck repair shop. You know, big rigs, delivery vans, large vehicles. She said the dog had been there, she was told for 4 days just wandering around the greasy shop.


I had lost my dearest furbaby Willow in March and had said "no more dogs". My daugher had her dog Odin (the ghost and mr chicken imitator) and that was plenty......well not really but............
I still miss ya sweet girl
Now the lady who called and I had shared a friendship based on the fact that we both had multiple Saint Bernards and they had play dates and birthday parties and swim parties...we had a ball. So why was she bugging me about a little piece of dog? We'll because "this is the cutest little dog I've ever seen" mmmmkay and " I know your grandkids will just love her". So there ya go. I'm a sucker and we went to "SEE" the dog.
after the bath
There she was, covered in diesel grease, scared, looking for all the world like an ewok in distress.
Here she is with her bestie and frenemy Sunny Bunny Boo Boo Head
RyLeigh named her, GK and Shelley gave her a bath and I tried to keep my distance for all of 3 or 4 days. LMNOP, thats what I call her, is quite possibly the cutest dog I've ever seen, or been hugged by, or cleaned up after, or been owned by.
And it seems like she has been here 4ever. Happy Anniversary you silly dog......

11 comments:

  1. I am laughing and feeling a tear collect in my eye at the same time. What a sweet baby you rescued and have grown to love so deeply. Don't worry, the fact that you are a softy when it comes to critters will never be told by me. It will be our little secret. Pinky swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's totally adorable! Good thing you fought those urges to say no! You would have missed out on something wonderful! :-)
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie!!! One of those "meant to be" things. Just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable and I remember her moving in and the turtles and her having a little bit of a problem. Glad that got sorted as I am sure she has added to the happiness in your home. Such a sweet picture of Willow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sweet. the best ones are rescues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet face and those eyes....I'm in love. So, you've had a Saint or two, huh? Well, one more thing we have in common. I've had two, Nipsy Nose and Gus. Both were real charmers and the loves of my life and are still remembered fondly and missed to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That has to be one of the cutest doggie faces I've even seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. came from mina's blog! so glad i did!
    that is the cutest dog-baby i've seen in ages!!! what a face!! no wonder you couldn't say no!! it's kismet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mina told me about you, she is right you are cute and funny! And lets said Im a dog crazy person! He is so adorable, I will have to take him too, look those eyes!! Congrats, he will be with you forever! And will love more every day!!! Hugs Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweetheart - you got a really great pup there - I would have kept her too! You're right she's the cutest little muffin doggy evaaaaa!!!!

    Happy Anniversary and many happy years ahead.

    With love,
    Doris and Gizzy

    ReplyDelete

You are always welcome to comment on my thoughts and I love them all......