a question and answer forum.....for the time being. All things change and become something else if there is growth even Olde Baggs.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cross contamination

I created this blog so that I would have a place to rant and rave and stomp my feet and separate that from my story telling on Olde Baggs n Stuft Shirts. However, I'm gonna cross contaminate. All of you lovelies out there who are dear to me and have treated me so kindly and warmly during my difficulties don't really know the me that is not normally pitching a fit unless you follow OBNSS.


In some ways, I feel kinda silly sorta like Sally Fields when she accepted whatever award it was when she said "you like me, you really like me". You know people are always bringing that up as a stupid thing to do or say but I don't think so. So by golly here goes.............Thanks very much Marlene of http://marlenes-musings.blogspot.com/ who gave me an award and I'd like to answer the questions here on Ye Olde Crone, if you don't mind. Because you have proven at the very least you can put up with me and at my pleasure that you hold good thoughts for me. So it's my turn to give you some insight into me.


First I need to give you the guidelines for the award because it is my intention to pass it along to you.


~Here are the Sunshine Award Guidelines~

1) Please thank the person who gave the award to you.

2) Copy the award and place it in your blog.

3) Link back to the person who nominated you.

4) Name 6 things that no one would really know, about yourself.

5) Nominate your Sunshine Award bloggers and post links to their blogs.

6) Leave a comment on each of those blogs letting them know you have nominated them for the Sunshine award.
 I did this not long ago on OBNSS but I promised myself that each of these would be positive, truthful, sunshiney things.

A. I have hazel eyes, the left one has a witch's spot in the iris. It isn't anything but is like a birthmark. My maternal grandmother Mazie Elisabeth had one as well. The older I get the lighter my eyes have gotten, more green now than brown but the spot is still black.

B. I flew in a fighter jet when I was in college. I wasn't supposed to but I was dating a pilot and well you know how young lust is. Biggest rush I ever had and the airplane ride wasn't bad either.

C. I was supposed to be twins. I had a cystic sac at the base of my spine with a tiny bit of hair and a rudimentary tooth removed when I was 19. Can you imagine the world with two of me....OMG.

D. I am so near sighted that I can't even hear someone talk without my glasses cuz I can't see their mouths I guess.

E. I didn't want children. Never like babies and I never wanted to get married. I had my whole life planned out and life happened but the bright spot is my best friend is an 80 something year old super woman who achieved all the things I had set for myself. We share our lives in a sorta symbiotic way. If I coulda picked out my Mom, she would be my Mom (and she is).

F. I have never felt more love in my life than I feel with you. You don't know how you have saved me from myself. Your comments, your kindness, your blogs, thoughts and prayers are what make it possible for me to get through most days. I am such a manic personality now days, not always the case, but you have been my tether to real and I appreciate all of you. I am blessed.



I left my days of being a Christian Educator behind me many years ago but wisdom is wisdom. Genesis 12:12...."you are blessed to be a blessing" and my friends you are.

These are the lovelies I have picked to receive the Sunshine Award:

Danni http://thewhimsicalcottage.blogspot.com/

Mary http://avalonyearning.blogspot.com/
Tracy http://witchpathtotake.blogspot.com/
Lyon http://wanderinghearth.blogspot.com/
Nydia http://bringingupsalamanders.blogspot.com/
Judy http://judy-judysphotos.blogspot.com/
Cinner http://memyfourchinsandi.blogspot.com/
My New Mexican neighbor http://tsimajo.blogspot.com/
Davine http://53buddhas.blogspot.com/

If any of the others of you would like to add this award to you blog and I haven't mentioned you, Please feel free to jump right in. I'd love to know more about each of you. Once again, thanks Marlene for the opportunity.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely award, Linda. That flight in the fighter jet must have been exciting. Isn't it something the way we map out our lives and things change?
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~congrats on your sunshine award and to all these wonderful women you passed it along too...a fighter jet!! how exciting and yes i can only imagine it was one hell of a rush you would never forget...well wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Linda, for not giving to me!! hahahahaha!!! No sunshine here right now!! But this too shall pass!!

    Love ya mucho,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgie: yous a bad one....the sunshine she will come again babe....honest. Then we will be bitchin about sun block....LOL or lemur children whateva.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much for the award...Now I have to think of some stuff to write...HHMMM???

    Older people have such wisdom...they seem to take things so in stride and not get worried about the small things...wonder if I'll get there some day??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda my husband is gonna be so jealous when I tell him about the fighter jet, that is his dream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First thank you for such lovely words at my page, and here too, Linda, yuou rock! And definitely, you're not alone. Asap I'll post this sweet award.

    Secondly, thanks for sharing a bit about yourself!

    Kisses and love from us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the world would have been blessed to have had two Lindas!
    You talk like a crazy woman!

    What do you mean...takes one to know one?

    Who let the hecklers in?

    I do so love you my lovely one :0)

    ReplyDelete

You are always welcome to comment on my thoughts and I love them all......